« Home | Noobie, Noobie, Noob (4/25) » | Detroit Sports Report » | Random Observations - Lakers vs. Suns Game 1 » | Reader Appreciation » | Best Western » | Choosing the Marathon over the Madness » | Happy 4/20 » | Who's The Cat In The Hat? » | SEL's Hodgepodge Stew » | Unnecessary Mock Draft IV » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

Nash-ville Star, Season 2


Reports say Nash earns the NBA MVP award. That's pretty interesting dude. I can't think of anybody else off the top of my head that deserved it more... besides Kobe, Bron Bron, Dirk, and Chauncey.

I need a couple of days for this to set in for me to write more about the subject, but this just does not seem right to me. The reason Nash won last year is because there were no other quality candidates. This year, there are many.

You can't make the statistics argument, because both Kobe's and LeBron's stats this year were SIGNIFICANTLY better than Nash's.

If you try to make the "well it's a most VALUABLE player" award, and the player has to be most valuable for their team... I just don't buy that. Yes Nash was valuable to the Suns, but would Chauncey Billups have had different results running point for the Suns? Probably, but I wouldn't see them being much worse.

I would also go as far to say that Kobe was much more valuable for the Lakers, Dirk was much more valuable for the Mavericks, and James was much more valuable for the Cavs, than Nash was for the Suns. Take any of those 3 players away from their teams, and their garbage. The Lakeshow are nothing (I mean NOTHING) without Kobe, the Cavs blow without Lee-bron, and the Mavericks aren't nearly as good without ze German. I think that's where Chauncey loses out in the MVP argument, because take him away, and the 'Stones are still a very good team. Take Nash away? I still think the Suns are a very good team.

Like I said, I need a few days to think about this (or to see if the early reports are correct, the MVP isn't announced for a few weeks so this could all be worthless blathering) and let it set in. However, Wikipedia already has him listed as MVP, and they're NEVER wrong.

So, I guess congratulations are in order for the former college soccer all-American (true story). Congratulations Steve Nash on your back-to-back NBA MVP awards. The only other players to accomplish this feat are: Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, and Tim Duncan. You can now add Steve John Nash to that list.... wow.

- Uhh, I don't believe in jinxes or anything, but there's something fairly crazy going on with what we write on Noob Sports and the adverse affect it has on Detroit Sports teams. Any ideas how we should change this? Should we just stop writing positive stories about our favorite teams? Should we stop mentioning them by name? Help us out here... if the, uh, basketball team that plays in Detroit loses tonight, something is very, very wrong with what we write on here.

- Maybe it's just me, but I find this to be really, really funny.

Google
Web NOOBSPORTS

Links