« Home | What's Your Fantasy? (3/16) » | SEL's Ramblings » | Noob Sports March Madness! » | What's Your Fantasy? (3/12) » | Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! [3/12] » | Noobie, Noobie, Noob (3/10) » | What's Your Fantasy? » | Today at the Noob » | Why Denver sucks (as a sports city) » | A Case of the Mondays (3/6) » 

Thursday, March 16, 2006 

SEL Rambles Again


- The good news: I'm flying to San Diego tomorrow morning. The bad news: team USA was just knocked out of the WBC. I was speaking on the phone this evening with my buddy T-Necks (who is already out in San Diego), and we expressed our mutual dissapointment that we won't be able to root for team USA. During the phone call, we had this conversation:

Me: "I want a team to root for. I'll start rooting for Korea. I think on the way to the airport tomorrow I'll stop and pick up a Korean flag!"
T-Necks: "You might as well pick up a Taliban flag."

So there that is.

- Roger Clemens might have just thrown his last game. Greatest pitcher of the last 20 years, and still a badass. Honestly though, I don't think I'll miss him that much. He's a bit of a prick, obviously only cares about the money and fame, and I just don't like his outlook on life.

- USA soccer is ranked 5th in the world. In a time where American national teams are down (think USA Baseball, USA Basketball, USA Hockey), wouldn't it be something if our best national sports team was soccer? It certainly doesn't appear to be out of the realm os possibility.

- March Madness. March fucking Madness. I LOVE this time of year. The CBS music, the announcers, the atmosphere, the buzzer beaters, the joy, the tears... it's awesome. Probably the best 4 sports days of the year. Plus, it turns even the most lame supporters into complete fanatics. My buddy Loomis was over at my house today, and his wife called. Now, his wife is probably the most mild-mannered, well-behaved, and overall nicest person I know. What does she say during their conversation? "Why is Nevada losing to Montana!?!", "I can't believe Oklahoma lost!?!", and "How doesn't Marqueete beat Alabama, they're the higher seed!!". Gotta love the madness.

- After jobbing George Washington by giving them a #8 seed, the tournament committee said they put them so low because of the injury to Pops Mensah-Bonsu. Well, it turns out he's okay. Not only is he okay, but I also come to find out that his full name is "Nana Papa Yaw Mensah-Bonsu." Now THAT, my friends, is a hoss name. In case you were wondering, "Mensah-Bonsu" means "whale killer", and one of his ancestors killed a whale with only a spear. And "Nana" means "King." My man is "KING OF THE WHALE KILLERS". Probably the sweetest name of all-time. That makes me feel a little bit better about picking them to beat Duke and make it to the final 4, especially after they had to go to overtime to win today.

- By the way, Nate hasn't had the chance to write much lately. He has been really sick with the stomach flu for about the last week, hence the lack of NJV. Don't worry, he's feeling better now, and is out in L.A. and will be meeting up with me in San Diego tomorrow.

- Stay tuned for Noob Sports reports live from the World Baseball Classic semi-finals and finals (without America). We plan on posting whenever we take a break the baseball, the basketball, and the March Madness. Until then, don't get caught with crack.... like Randy Moss's agent.

-SEL

There it is - T-Necks is the first to make an inappropriate Taliban reference on noobsports...

Nate, you may have AIDS.

-Dr. Nick


ps. you owe me $55

Post a Comment
Google
Web NOOBSPORTS

Links