Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! (2/19)
Another fantastic week here at Noob Sports, and frankly, we couldn't be more excited. We celebrated our 1 month aniversary on Thursday, and we feel that we've made remarkable strides in that time. In the first month of operation, we've had 26,350 visits to our site, and over 40,000 page views. We also made ESPN, pretty much a lifetime goal for any diehard sports fan... and we did it in the first month of our existence. Not bad for a couple of Noobs who really don't know what they're doing.
A look behind
- After being out of touch with civilization for about a week, SEL finally got his shit together and returned to the internet in triumphant fashion with his Bode Miller Experiment results. No longer a mountain man, SEL is back in Boulder where he actually has an internet connection that works.
- "Coming Strong With Phil" made it's Noob Sports debut. The fans seem to enjoy.
- D-Generation Nate delivered his fourth of six Offseason Report Cards.
- Busta Rhymes wins the first ever Noob Sports Lifetime Achievement Award.
A look ahead
- Tuesday evening at 7:50 EST, SEL will appear LIVE on the radio show Sports Bloggers Live. An updated link will be put up on Tuesday to instruct the fans where to go to hear this.
- The final two Offseason Report Cards from NJV.
- The results of The Official Noobsports.com Super Bowl Drinking Game, as told by the readers (yeah, we said we'd do this last week but we were busy. Give us a break.).
- The rest of the sports news, plus our opinions on what's going on in the world.
As always, we reward our fans on Sunday with some of the best and the brightest the information superhighway has to offer.
- Quite possibly the single funniest thing on the internet. Apparently this is a real essay written by a real student, with real comments from the teacher. I think this gentleman might have a future as a writer for Noob Sports. (Warning: do NOT get all stoney or drunk and try reading this. It may be too funny for you to handle, and you might start laughing so hard you can't concentrate. Not that we'd know or anything...)
- A-Rod's friends are back!!! You might remember his buddies from our A-Rod chooses A Team article. Well, Lee Hotti and friends have joined us again, this time in video form. Douchebags running wild, commiting, "douchebaggery."
- Hey, original material! A huge thank you to TBaz at Tbaz Productions for throwing it together for us. (unfortunately the quality is a little lacking since we used a digital camera to shoot this). It's a video of SEL's ex-roommate Mr. Egedy, and shows what peer pressure can make you do. The video really doesn't do this story justice. There is a kicker built about 20 feet from the edge of a cornice, then another 15 feet to the landing. All in all, Mr. E probably flew 50 feet long, and dropped 25 feet. My favorite part is listening to the noise he makes in the air, which Mr. E compares to "the sound I would make if I was dying." You have to realize that it took us 20 minutes to talk him into doing this, and we were all convinced that he would be taken away in a meat wagon with at minimum a broken femur. Thankfully, he was unharmed (besides his pride, which took quite a blow from the little bitch noise he makes in the air).
- From reader Jason S. in Denver: Nacho Libre!
Once again we'd like to take this time to thank our readers. We love doing what we're doing, and we'll continue to keep providing the goods as long as you keep reading and spreading the good word. It's great to hear somebody say "I heard about this site through one of my buddies, it's awesome" or "my brother told me about this, I really like it." Honestly, we love that you guys are spreading the word, keep it up.
In other news, SEL has his undies all in a bunch about Noob Sports 2.0. That's right, noobsports.com is going to undergo a makeover in the near future. The content will remain unchanged, but the layout is going to be extremely different. We're taking into account ways we feel that we can improve the site and make it easier to navigate, as well as the immense feedback we've received from readers on ways to improve the site. However, these things take time and money (and SEL's patience), so we don't have an approximate date on when it will be released. We're most likely going to switch from Blogger to Wordpress, change the color scheme, get a logo, and pretty much make it 100X more awesome. That's our vision anyway.
We'll leave this weeks edition of S.,S., Sunday! with a comment from Noob Sports reader Andy B. in Ann Arbor, Mich. This is what Andy had to say (taken from an AIM conversation) about our piece running on Cold Pizza:
Andy B: the fact that I had my dual TVs running to watch it while I played Final Fantasy 2, show's my complete adoration of the site
- The Noob Sports Family