Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! (02/05)
In the words of Ron Burgundy: "I don't know how to put this... but I'm kind of a big deal."
This week has been a memorable one for all of us at Noobsports. We saw a massive spike in attendance, as there were 16,748 unique visitors this week. That number is somewhat overwhelming, seeing as we started this site 3 weeks ago. We'd like to give Fark.com and our boys over at Deadspin a virtual reacharound, since both those sites picked up our Super Bowl Drinking Game article. Thanks guys (and enjoy the reacharound).
A look behind
- The VanHeestelroy published his first 2 of 6 offseason report cards. AL East. AL Central.
- We published our Official Noobsports.com Super Bowl Drinking Game to the delight of thousands of alcoholics across the country.
- Terrell Owens met with Mike Shanahan in Denver, and could be a Bronco. There is no way that this can end badly.
- Our U.S. national soccer team beat Norway like a left-handed, red-headed stepchild. 5-0, and Taylor Twellman scored a hat-trick to make a good case for him being included on our World Cup roster.
A look ahead
- Super Bowl Commercial grades. Could turn interesting if the drinking game gets out of hand and we get a little faded.
- The long awaited results of the Bode Miller Experiment. The experiment is complete, and will be published Tuesday. Let's just say that it was a success, and a yard sale was involved.
- The rest of the sports news, plus our opinions on what's going on in the world.
As always, we reward our fans on Sunday with some of the best and the brightest the information superhighway has to offer.
- This video is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. It looks like it takes place in any old suburban back yard. I've watched it no less than 100 times this week, and I'm still amazed. All I can say is my man Byron is an absolute TANK. When he says "That's all you got, hit me!" and lets the guy take a swing at him and doesn't even move, it's sickening. This begs us to question: Who would win in a fight, Byron or Mike Tyson? Listen to the guys in the background and what they're saying, it's totally ridiculous. Plus, I've added "Get 'em Byron" in a southern accent to my everyday vocabulary. One of the greatest fighters of all time.
- A longtime staple of Old Style video hunters, we present the classic Annoying Asians video. This still makes me laugh everytime I watch it. Check out the guy on the rights facial expressions throughout the video, they're priceless.
- This guy is flat out NASTY with a soccer ball. Eerily reminiscent of Yoshi (for those of you who ever had the privilege of watching him play soccer). Ball trick hoss.
I'd like to address the issue of our views on beer. Apparently our recommendations of PBR, Keystone Light, Busch light, etc. didn't go over well with a lot of our readers. From comments we've received at this site, at Deadspin, and at Fark, it appears that some people are offended. Here's the thing: this isn't a leisurely get together after work where you pick up a 6 pack of Black Butte Porter and split it with your emo-buddy and talk about politics or celebrity gossip... this is the fucking Super Bowl. If you're playing our drinking game, you're not doing it for the taste of the beer, the color, the aroma, the head (... well, mabe), or the way it looks in a pint glass; you're playing the game for the comradery, you're playing to catch a little buzz, and you're playing to prove that you're a man and can drink copious amounts of alcohol in a short amount of time. Believe me, both of us would MUCH rather drink a nice micro-brewed stout or Hefeweizen than drink some of the nasty shit we've suggested. However, when you're drinking for sport, you need something light and somewhat tasteless so you can pound them while watching the biggest football game of the year (or second biggest behind USC/Texas). We apologize to all the techno-geeks and beer snobs out there that we offended for our suggestions, but we really hope you heed our advice and take it to heart, or you will be SEVERELY punished for using poor judgment. That is all.
While we're on the subject, we've gotten a number of emails (predominantly from Steelers fans) about the drinking game, and people seem really fired up. If any of our readers out there end up playing the game, feel free to email us the results at Noobsports@gmail.com, because we'd love to hear about it and if it's a good story, we'll post it on the site.
Thanks again readers for a great week. We really appreciate the feedback we get from you guys, and we appreciate that you're telling your friends about the site. We'll continue to keep providing the goods as long as you keep reading and spreading the good word. One Love.
-The Noobsports Family